The Parish consists of 5 hamlets each of which has a very different character.
Over the centuries the prominence of individual hamlets has changed with East Grafton being the largest hamlet. Locally, each separate collection of houses is known as a “village” in its own right. The parish is situated in the east of the county of Wiltshire, about 6 miles east of Pewsey, seven miles south-east of Marlborough and six miles from the County borders with both Berkshire and Hampshire.
West Grafton, a straight line hamlet, is situated along a no-through road which turns South from the A338 and is the smallest of the hamlets in the Parish.
East Grafton, the largest of the hamlets, is divided into a number of distinct areas each reflecting growth stages in its development. It is a small and attractive village. The main Pewsey to Hungerford road, the A338, runs through the village.
Marten lies south of the A338, it is a hamlet which has grown from a traditional farm with farm cottages.
Wexcombe is another hamlet along a small road running from the Fairmile which serves houses in the hamlet alone. Houses abut lanes and pathways in a meandering layout.
The Wilton hamlet is associated with the 1821 working Wilton Windmill which is Grade II Listed Building of Special Architectural & Historic Interest and attracts visitors in the summer season. Wilton comprises many old cottages which are served by a winding road skirting the village pond. The road to Great Bedwyn, which runs through part of the village, turns North from the A338.