Defibrillators were purchased by the Parish after fundraising events, donations and grants. They are maintained by the Parish Council.
Click here to see the examples of the work done to raise funds for the 5 defibrillators
- Wilton – in the telephone box opposite The Swan
- West Grafton – in the Mayfield’s stable block to the right of the house
- East Grafton – In Coronation Hall on the right hand side of the building by the kitchen door
- Marten – Driveway at Eastern end of Bentley Billiards Factory (next to Mill Farm).
- Wexcombe – In Manor Farm Lower Farmyard on the first brick building on the left
Whilst we were raising awareness about defibrillators, the issue arose about how to get help on the ground in the case of an emergency. This could be any emergency, not just a cardiac arrest. We are a very rural parish and so we needed a loud alarm that could be heard in surrounding houses.
We therefore put in place the SOS kits whereby you have an airhorn in the house and people in the parish know what it means – HELP! The source of the airhorn noise can then be found by neighbours and help can be given.